Indian Army is no doubt the best armed forces in the country. Here we are going to tell you some the unknown facts about the Indian Army. These facts may be surprising to you, but will tell you how Indian Army is working to protect us and let us live a happy life.
- Indian Army is the builder of the highest bridge of the world.
- Military Engineering Service (MES) is the biggest construction agency in India.
- Indo Pak war was ended when the Officers of Pakistan surrendered to Indian Army. The number of surrendered Officials were 93,000.
- Indian Armed Forces have honoured many famous celebrities by honorary ranks in the armed forces.
- Indian Army hold the record to build the highest bridge of the world. This bridge is located in the Ladakh Valley, between Dras and Suru rivers, in the Himalayan Mountains. Bailey bridge is the highest bridge in the world. It was built in August 1982.
- A sepoy of Royal Indian Army named Kamal Ram has received the Victoria Cross which is the highest award of United Kingdom. He was 19 years old at that time, which makes him the youngest award receiver.
- Assam regiment is the oldest Para-Military Force of the Indian Armed Forces. It was formed in the year 1835.
- The oldest armoured regiment was created by East India Company. 16th Light Cavalry is a regiment of the Armoured Corps, a primary combat arm of the Indian Army was formed in 1776. After India was declared as an Independent country in 1947, it become a regular cavalry regiment of British Army. This states that the present form of Indian Army has its origin from the East India Company.
- The Siachen glacier is the highest battle field in the world. It is at 5,000 metres above the Mean Sea Level (MSL).
Also Check :Indian Army Rally
Hope you must have seen the importance of Indian Army in our country and the soldiers must have gained more respect from you. Thanks for reading, Jai Hind.